Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Knight Rider Stuff

Hiya,

I'm still waiting to talk to ISIS Power today.  I'll give them a call after this post; if they don't call me first.  For this afternoon I thought I would throw in some pictures of the Knight Rider Conversion Parts that I currently have.

Before I begin I just like to give a shout out to Rob Louisell and Brenon Fulbright, and their people who helped make these parts.

First up is the Gull Wing steering wheel.  Looks real fancy.  I wouldn't want to drive on the Jackie Robinson with it but it looks great and feels great....Just not when you have to make sharp turns; that just feels awkward.

 Next up on the list is the infamous switch pod.  It changed during the beginning of season 3 of the show, personally I like the season 1 & 2 look better.

The switch pod contained many of the cool functions that K.I.T.T had including the "Turbo Boost."






My "Turbo Boost"

"Turbo Boost" allowed K.I.T.T to jump over obstacles and would also give the car short bursts of speed when needed.  

Original "Turbo Boost"!
On the right is a pic of my switch pod with the "Turbo Boost" button.  
On the left is a pic of Michael Knight just about to press "Turbo Boost" from the show.


Onto more of the In dash stuff...




Mine


From the Show
 On the left we have my K.I.T.T voice box.  Again that also went through revisions in the show.  During the early half of the first season it was a red box, then it went to the 3 Light setup later on in the first season, and wouldn't be touched again until season 3.  Again personal preference I prefer the the earlier look.  The Bezel cover is not on on mine.
Other parts of the car include the Speedo, Tach, and fuel gauge, what is not pictured is the dash and 2 small TVs that I have to take pictures of yet.




All put together I am hoping to have this:


No comments:

Post a Comment